Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > How do I...? > Chrome plating

Ronsaircooled

Looking to get the windshield frame for my dune buggy re-chromed.  Any recommends for a company on the north shore to southern NH?  Also trying to keep the price as reasonable as possible.   Thanks,  Ron

--

January 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wasbug

Sliver spray paint looks good from 20 feet

January 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronsaircooled

So do you !!!!!!!!

--

January 28, 2013 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vic Farrington

LOL... I can ask one of the guys at work where he gets his bike rims done if you want? He restores bicycles as a hobby and he lives in mass. 

February 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Rags
Limited Member

It's out of that area but I just dropped some parts off at Nu-Chrome in Seekonk, MA (near Prov. RI).  A manx dual tube front bumper with a lot of pitting, two tail light housings, old Mopar flip style gas cap in 3 pcs.................. $575 including the 10% environmental blah blah fee.  Call me cheap but,  GULP!!

--

Mike Rags

February 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Luis
Limited Member
Hey Mike good luck with Nu-Chrome! Hopefully you're not in a rush for your parts. I had a horrible experience with them and know others that did as well too. Not a very good company to deal with and I'm surprised they're still in business!
February 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronsaircooled

I went online to check reviews for Nu-chrome.  Not very good. I found a place in Lowell (Coating systems) and one in Newburyport (Circle Plating), but I haven't gotten any prices yet.   Thanks for the responses

--

February 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Rags
Limited Member

Oh oh, that's not encouraging.  He told me 8-12 weeks.  There were a LOT of parts waiting to be done.  The place, although packed with tables and racks of jobs to be done was actually fairly organized.  They photograph your parts and engrave your job no. on the back of each part.  Then again, he didn't do that while I was standing there.  I'll let you know what happens. 

--

Mike Rags

February 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vic Farrington

I talked to Franky at work and he likes the one in Lowel also. He restores Bikes and the rims dont show signs of ware from the brakes.

February 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Rags
Limited Member

Well here's the outcome.... 2/2/13 I dropped the parts off at Nu-Chrome in Seekonk, RI and I just got them back today on 8/19/13.  What a joke.   They don't answer the phone. EVER. And the quality is only fair.  Don't ever use them!!

--

Mike Rags

August 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

My Manx
Limited Member

Has anyone tried either one of these businesses?

http://www.dynachrome.com/

http://www.silvexinc.com/

May 4, 2015 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.