Post Reply
Forum Home > Member introductions. > Just joined from Elkins

Storm Connors
Posts: 11

I have been busy this summer building a Tbody on a 64 VW chassis. Not sure who fabbed the Tbody. Now I have to figure out how to register it. Would like a Street Rod plate but it doesn't quite meet NH definition. I don't see any option in the MV rules for composite vehicle. Perhaps it is an antique 64 VW?

August 26, 2015 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Posts: 155

Most dune buggys and vw based kit cars are registered as Volkswagen beetles or beetle convertibles (I have one myself registered as a beetle convert). I believe composite vin numbers are hard to get, the vehicle has to be brought to the state police and inspected and I think it requires a lot of paper work. Street rod plates are only for pre1949 vehicles.

you may have allready been here but heres the link to the dmv anyway.

August 28, 2015 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Storm Connors
Posts: 11

Sounds like a plan. Then I have to find a dune buggy friendly inspection station?

September 22, 2015 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.